Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I received an email today from a swimmer on my team. I don't even know what to do with it. It is a counter to the news I received Monday. I coach and I love it:

oliver,

I don't know how you felt todays practice went but what I could stay for, I loved. I don't know if I could have finished all the set, including the deck work but I sure as heck would have tried. I don't know if you realize what the team is willing to do for you. I think that if you had told us to keep on trying to do push ups and crunches and so forth, we definitely would have gone till we couldn't go anymore. I don't think that our team is one for quitters. We are tough crowd under a tough leader. I like being pushed beyond what I can do because that is how I get stronger. I probably will be a little sore from the 50 pushups I did do, but I would have willingly done all 300 or whatever was written on the board. I want you to know that I appreciate all that you put into the team. See you some time tomorrow maybe.

and here is a good song:

1 comment:

Kate said...

Wow, what else would you need, knowing that you have this kind of affect on your team? I'm proud.