Friday, October 23, 2009

These are some of the things . . .

I know my mom reads this and I think Elise read my last post; and, sometimes Jessamyn reads. So for the 2.5-4 people who read this, these are some of the things I care about or love in no particular order:


It turns out I am not as deep as I wanted to be -- pretty uncomplicated. I like hitting things, smashing things, running around, and generally wasting energy.


--




I chose this picture because it moved me. I think I love people; and, it is important to note that I have been taught this.


--



I love standing for something, alone or with a group. This is because every day is a battle -- if it wasn't I wouldn't love standing for something.


--



Although this is a commentary on child labor I am choosing this photo because it is filled with the pathos of a heart yearning and feeling. And in the business of the day I love taking time to feel and listen. I have regained this here in Maine.

--



Work. I have been saying this for the last few years. I have learned that I'm not as hard a worker as I thought I was, I wish I was more. But dispite this I still love it; and, this love stems from something that work gives me.

--

This is a given that I have recently decided how grateful I am for it. I have read this book so much that I almost forgot if it meant as much to me as it should. I love it, I read it, and I wish I loved it more.
--

This is a pretty simple list. I have tried to complicate it more in my life but my wants or needs are pretty simple -- I really don't need much more to be happy than the essence of what these things mean. I am learning to come to terms with this.

7 comments:

Elise said...

You are a solid man...with very large biceps.

Thank you for your example.
Really.

Life is an Adventure said...

It is true you are looking pretty solid in that Photo!

In all seriousness I really appreciate that you showed me this. There is a lot going on inside of Oliver and it often leaves a great impression on me. I appreciate your sharing some of these most personal thoughts with me on occation. You often give me something important to think about.

Kate said...

Yes, as your mother, I read your blog (I check about 3 times a day for updates) and am always impressed by your thoughts. This time I am also impressed by your choice of photos to compliment your thoughts. You make me proud to be your mom.

elizabeth said...

hey I read your blog!

Williams Family Dirt said...

I read your blog! I find it very amusing and deep at the same time. I just don't always comment! Hugs :)

monica said...

that is one of my favorite photographers and the picture of the man with the steam pump is one of my favorite photographs.

Carla said...

i love your posts... every single one.