Monday, November 2, 2009

Boston finally happened!

I finally saw Lexington and Concord. I finally went to Boston and saw some of the city. This has been something I have wanted to do for the last ten years. Although I always have my eyes closed in pictures I still want to share some.

I was so happy on Sunday. I was walking around thinking, "I'm here. I'm really here." I've been reading about the events that took place here and now I'm finally seeing and experiencing it. Funny Things: For Halloween we went to a Masquerade Ball at the Harvard Club with a singles function. I had duct tape holding my glasses together and I couldn't see anything when I took them off. I think I asked a 45 year old women to dance which was so awkward and embarrassing I went and sat down afterwards. I was shaking I was so embarrassed. I don't think anyone could take me seriously because of either my glasses or my squinting. Funny: After a great stake conference with Elder Ballard an 89 year old man drove us around Lexington and Concord for a tour. I have no idea why he was driving. He almost killed everyone around us; including, bikers, other cars, and the gear box. It was so crazy I wasn't even nervous or scared. I just laughed. As you can see by the pictures he is not even looking at the road while driving and is blasting the heat for a 75 degree cab.

2 comments:

Williams Family Dirt said...

Boston is definitely on my list of places to visit!

Kate said...

I'm so glad that you got to Lexington and Concord! What else did you see in Boston? and why did you have a blind taxi driver? and I thought you got new glasses?